We are antique enthusiasts that want to share our treasures with you.
Please tell your friends about us and send us an email if there is something in particular that you are looking for.
You never know, we may have it.

rustypotantiques61@gmail.com

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vintage Metal glider,metal rocking chair, and metal chair

I bought a vintage 1940's metal glider, metal rocker, and matching metal chair a few weeks ago. They are the very popular Pie Crust design that everyone loved. For the past two days I have stripped and taken apart 1 chair and the glider. I finally got all of the rust off and painted the primer on this morning. This afternoon I painted one chair and the top of the glider. I love the green color and it makes the metal really pop out. I was going to sell all three items but by the time I am done I may just keep them. Gliders that are in pristine condition are hard to find. This one is a keeper. I hope I get them done before the end of the week. I would be tempted to sell all three as a set but I'd have to ask $700.00. I saw a similar set in Selma this weekend that was in bad shape for $800.00.
Here are pictures to show the progress.







3 comments:

  1. Wow...what a difference! They already look great...keep up the hard work...can't wait to see them when they are finished!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am picking up two more chairs on the 2nd of June...Still looking for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just astronised to see Glider Rocking Chair color and design.It chearm me much.

    ReplyDelete